Potosi, Bolivia

Potosi is apparently one of the highest cities in the world, it is 4100m or so above sea level and you do feel it straight away. After leaving the bus I felt dizzy and out of breath my lungs seems to struggle a bit. Even going a few steps up the streets in Potosi feels like there is not enough air and breathing is a bit distracted. However it is only a matter of time until body get used to these heights and then it should be only better.
While here we are not doing much Bryan has already visited Potosi 14 years ago and did the famous tour to the mine which is the main attraction here. He could do it again or I could do it myself but I didn't really want to.  I hate small spaces and any type of caves or mines freaks me out. They are dodgy and not 100% safe. So people that do the tours are acknowledged of the danger that comes from the gases and other things. I also didn't want to see this poor miners that are still working there in a really bad conditions. Therefore Potosi for us was just a place to walk around the streets and spend some sort of Easter here.



Comments

Popular Posts