M A C H U P I C C H U

Ok so when I said in my previous post that seeing Machu Picchu for the first time was “a little bit” disappointing....this is what I meant: (see photo below) Just a white, foggy emptiness that could be anywhere in the world …in Ireland, Scotland or even in Poland.


This first few hours there I was very sad….I was actually angry that I could feel it BUT I could not see it.

BUT! It got better, the weather has cleared...of course it had to:)... and anyway there are no words to describe the feeling of being in this magical place as well as no photograph can ever show the beauty of it. To get the real experience you just have to be there physically, see it and feel it itself.

I was around 14 maybe 15 years old or maybe even younger when I first time read the book about Hiram Bingham and Machu Picchu. And for nearly 20 years I have been obsessed about going there. I promised myself that no matter what I will go there before I turn 30 and in 2007 I've nearly went there but instead ended up in India. Few more years of waiting very impatiently.... and finally I MADE IT!!!!..... well I made it for the first time while Bryan got to enjoy it for the second time (greedy!) I cant really explain it and even show it on the photos but it is a surreal place and everyone should got there once on some stage in their lives. Its just one of a kind and unforgettable experience.
While in Machu Picchu we got the tickets (only 400 a day available) to climb Machu Picchu Montana an hour or so hike up the very steep stairs. The time to start going up was between 7-11am and we didn't start until 10:30 because of the bad weather. Even when we started though we could't see a thing and we were just saying how pointless is to go up just to see the fog and clouds. But mother nature was on our side and as we got to the top a miracle happened and the visibility couldn't be any better.

 

Comments

Popular Posts