Arequipa to Ica

From Arequipa we had a wee dilemma whether to pop in to Nazca to see the Nazca Lines or not. We were going up north anyway but to see famous Nazca Lines I would have to go up on the small and to me dodgy plane. Plus again same story, Bryan already saw them and for me it wasn't really “a must see” thing….or probably because I’d have to go on that plane that I wasn't too keen on. At the end we skipped Nazca and from Arequipa we took a bus to Ica instead. This part of the trip we decided to travel with one of the best bus companies in Peru so I got a bit relaxed that the bus will be safer, more comfy and so on. It turned out that it is not about Peruvian buses or roads quality it is all about the bloody drivers that drive like lunatics. We had these front seats again that I was so raving about but I got to hate them now so much. I wanted to hide at the back of the bus and not to see his freaking driving on the edge of the cliffs. This part of Pan Americana highway was really scenic but I really dreamed of being on the plane instead.

Then there was a small crash that we passed, up in the mountains two trucks hit each other and then I saw this bus on the road that obviously wasn't in the best shape.

Comments

Popular Posts