Southland's summer

It feels like we just had Christmas but suddenly its already February and in May together with the boys I'm flying to Poland. I am not to fuss as we will have European summer ...however where is the summer here? Only few warm days here and there but I'm still waiting for some descent weather. Or perhaps the only summer we had was in Naseby and Nelson during our trip up north. I am really getting over the weather that we have in Southland. I mean it is a beautiful part of the country but sometimes all that rain and wind stops us doing everything what we love doing for example camping! We had a fire going for most days and heat pump for most nights in the middle of the summer. I just miss summer days when I dont need to check the weather every 5 minutes to plan things. Anyway we tried to go away and escape all this as often as we could either for a day or a short weekend trips. We went back to Fiordland once again, Catlins but most of the time we were hanging around somewhere near but outside Invercargill.

Comments

Popular Posts