Thailand & Australia 2006

Bryan always reminds me that he has never seen me being as excited as I was when we arrived in Thailand. It was my first time in Asia as well as the first time ever on the totally different continent rather than Europe. I had a picture in my head of Thailand long before I even went there from my geography lessons in primary school, and it was exactly like I have imagined! As soon as I left the plane humidity and sticky hot air heat me and even this made me sooo happy. And from now on every single thing during our two months long journey was such a novelty for me and made me grateful that I could be there. From the hills of Northern Thailand and its tribal people, to the busy Bangkok and idyllic little islands with crystal clear water on the south, everything amazed me.



AUSTRALIA
After Thailand the next stop was Australia. We flew from Bangkok to Brisbane sometime in March 2006. My first impression was that it’s hot, dry and that the streets are very, very wide. Plus! I could not believe how much space was everywhere and everyone had these huge backyards. After few days in Brisbane we took a train down south to Sydney and it was literally love at first sight. I fell in love with the city and its trendy Bondi Beach as soon as I got there. I have also quietly started to dream that one day we will move here for a while:)

Comments

Popular Posts