Mason Bay and around

The highlight and actually the main purpose of our trip to Stewart Island this time was for me to finally see a kiwi in a wild and Mason's Bay is the place to see them even during the day. Bryan saw plenty of them last year but I've never been so lucky. I was really excited about seeing this New Zealand icon and to take some good photos. Although I never saw one during the day I was still very lucky to see them on the second night which was really cool. They came up so close to us but I couldn't blind them with the camera flash just for the sake of having a good photo and so I didn't. We only used a bit of a torch light to see them better and to make the video which turned out quite good. Shame I didn't take my good camera which allows me to shoot good quality images in a low light and had to use my old camera but I still managed to capture a very abstract photo which shows how close one wee fella came up to us.

Comments

Popular Posts