TAHITI (French Polynesia)



When we booked our Round The World Tickets we had the opportunity to pay extra 50$ and make a stopover on the way to NZ from US either in Hawaii or Tahiti. Although both are beautiful tropical Island we decided to go to Tahiti simply because many years ago I saw a postcard from Moorea Island and it looked out of this world. I could not even imagine of going to this paradise but when the opportunity came out I was in “seventh heaven” almost as excited as for South America. Anyway we flew from Los Angeles to the capital of the main island Tahiti, Papeete. We landed at 5 am but straight away took a half an hour ferry to the nearby Moorea Island where we decided to stay for 4 days. Generally speaking Tahiti is probably one of the most expensive Islands on this part of the world therefore there is not much of a budget accommodation to choose from and not many backpackers but heaps of luxurious resorts for rich people. One of the weirdest things was to be able to go there and I did not need any visa because it belongs to France and EU. I could even stay and work there!!! So here I am so close to New Zealand on the other side of the world and Bryan needs visa and I don’t…though I asked nicely for a stamp as I like collecting them in my passport but grumpy immigration officer didn't want to give me. 

Water of course was bluer than blue and turquoise but what was the most striking are the high and sharp mountains covered in lash, green and exotic forest that are coming straight out of that pristine water.

Comments

Popular Posts