Los Angeles, USA




We left Colombia and flew to Los Angeles with a quick stopover in Florida. Going to USA wasn't really on our mind but because we had cheaper flights back to New Zealand from North America rather than from South America, we put US on our itinerary. 
Of course as a Pole I had to have a visa and it doesn't matter whether I have planned to stay there for a day, a month or just in transit for 5 minutes. I still had to have an interview in US embassy in Krakow and pay US $160 for it. In this case I thought I may as well leave the airport and look around L.A. 

Plus America was once my biggest dream when I was a kid during the communist time. I was obsessed with migrating there and being able to buy heaps of Snickers Bars and famous in Poland Donald Bubble Gums.
So no wonder that the first thing I bought on American soil was.... a Snickers Bar!!!! Though I eat it in few minutes and not in a few weeks’ time like in ‘80s when someone gave me one and I've tried to enjoy it for as long as I could.
We had 3 full days in LA and we based ourselves in a hotel in Santa Monica where we spent the first day. The shopping there was amazingly cheap so we were gutted we were a bit broke at this stage. Nonetheless I had to buy few things as everything was cheap as chips even after 7 months on the road without any income. My favorite bargain was Victoria’s Secret stuff :-)

Comments

  1. Victoria Secret pic! Like like like!
    This makes me feel so guilty that I haven't uploaded my blog abt Estonia. I'll do it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah do it girl! I have been checking for some Estonian updates, you must have some beautiful summer right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts