Tim's Coffee Plantation

Tim the English owner of the place that we stayed while in Salento has also his own coffee plantation and he took us on a half day tour to introduce us to his coffee growing business. It was really informative and great experience as we have learned so much about growing coffee, preparing the seeds, roasting them, drying and the whole process until drinking it. It just made me realize how little I knew about coffee apart from the fact that it taste amazing and I need it every day to function properly. Unfortunately Bryan didn't pass the test and although he has tried a few sips he won’t join me in my "coffee culture" routine. Anyway Tim has a great concept where everyone around the world can lease a row of coffee plants on his plantation on a yearly basis and his staff will look after it and when its ready they will send it to you. How cool is that! To have your own wee coffee plantation in Colombia and have fresh coffee delivered to you. Check out his website for more info http://www.yourowncoffeefarm.com/ Once I have more funds I might consider this for myself.

Comments

  1. Amazing coffee pics!
    I just wanted to say hello to you guys, write here more about your "hostage" experience! I know it's hard to keep up with the blog as every day smth is happening :)
    I'm flying home tomorrow, going to see my family and friends for a month :)
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey
    Great to hear from you! Yeah keeping up with the blog has been a huge challenge I will try to have it up to date before coming back to NZ. Also will send you an email soon but for now have an awesome time at home xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts