Salento, La Zona Cafeteria

After a box of antibiotics and some strong pain killers my tooth ache seemed to calmed down a little bit and again the world become more beautiful and livable...and thank God for that as we are in a COFFEE zone district and I want to make the most out of it by drinking liters of fresh Colombian coffee. Anyway the bus here took about an hour and it was one of the most stunning bus rides in a while. The landscape was so unique to anything that I have seen so far. Just very lush, gentle rolling hills  in an extreme green color covered in mist.  In the middle of it all there is a beautiful small town called Salento that within seconds become the place where I could see myself living. Even though there was a lot of military guys patrolling the town with heavy machinery on their shoulders it was still cute and full of color, with lots of friendly people around and pleasant atmosphere. On top of all that the bonus was of course that there was fresh coffee everywhere. Lots and lots of it growing everywhere around. My mission here was also to try and persuade Bryan that coffee is GOOD and he should start drinking it with me. We will see if it works:) 













While here we’re staying in the placed called The Plantation House right on the coffee plantation and where there is endless free coffee to drink:)  Every morning I woke up before everyone else to enjoy a fresh cup just on my own with the exotic birds around me. I really, really love this place and shame we couldn't stay here longer than 3 nights.



Comments

Popular Posts