6 more months to go in NZ

...and part of me is very excited about the new challenges and new adventures but at the same time the other part is not and wants to stay here. I love New Zealand so much but I know that there are more places to see and more things to do and although it is very cozy being settle somewhere and have some sort of routine in life it is also something I’ve never wanted for too long. So it’s really time to move on and remind myself what was giving me motivations and what inspired me to leave Poland 11 years ago. Sometimes I’m losing my ‘old self’ and I tend to forget how hungry I was back then for new adventures but I’m glad that I can bring it all back so quickly.


...Herodotus works hard on the road- he is a reporter, an antropologist, an ethnographer, a historian. And he is at the same time a typical wanderer, or, as others like him will later be called in medieval Europe, a pilgrim. But this wandering of his is no picaresque, carefree passage from one place to another. Herodotus's journeys are purposeful- they are the means by which he hopes to learn about the world and its inhabitants, to gather the knowledge he will feel compelled later, to describe... (source: travels with herodotus by R. Kapuscinski)

Comments

Popular Posts