Goodbey Queensland and tropical life


As usual when we are about to leave the place that we lived in I feel a bit nostalgic and I kind of don't want to go. I start to like the place a bit more for some reason. Of course I am exited about the change and our new destination but also at the same time I'm getting anxious about leaving behind something comfortable that I become familiar with over the period of time. I always knew that Gladstone is only a stop over of some sort but somehow it become our home for the last 5 months. Unfortunately It happened that we got to live here during the hottest season and I felt trapped living indoors with air-con. Plus I wasn't dealing the best with the heat and the humidity but I guess its a matter of getting used to it... Even though I have complained a lot I am very happy that I could experience living in such an extreme climate and lush place full of amazing tropical fruits. Where we are going next is completely opposite and I know I will be missing those sunny days, warm ocean water and mentioned before tropical fruits. I'm absolutely gutted that as we are leaving the season just started for the most amazing fruit guanabana//custard apple and I wont be able to enjoy it for weeks to come.


Comments

Popular Posts