Tropics

My perception of tropical life has changed entirely since we moved to Queensland. A while back it was my dream to live the life on the beach, surrounded by tropical birds, fruits and where the sun is shining all year round. Of course at the end of the day Gladstone is more of an industrial city and far from what Cairns or Darwin is, but still the weather and the feel is like the one up north. Every day is around +30'C mark and humidity sometimes up to 90%. So anyway now having all this all day, every day I realized how much I miss four seasons. Snow, frost, rain, golden leaves, blooming flowers and most of all summer where the heat is dry not humid. Saying all that of course I do appreciate this opportunity of living here but I would not pick a place like Gladstone to live for good. I love outdoors, I love spending most of my day on the fresh air but here we basically stuck in an air-conditioned apartment and each attempt at going for a walk during the day finishes with sweat and exhaustion. If we do go out during the day we only look for some shade and slight wind to cool us down. Therefore it is the late evening or night when we go for a walk. Then there is a different story and sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure that my surrounding is real...flying exotic birds, and insects that are louder than anything else while its still hot even though is late at night. So like with anything there are some good and some bad sides of it.





Comments

Popular Posts