Białowieża village and around

This beautiful part of Poland that Bryan wanted to see since I met him was on our list of places to visit for a really long time, way too long. I simply could not postpone it any longer. In the winter this part of Poland is very cold if not one of the coldest that’s why I thought that summer will be better to walk along the forest for many hours without freezing. I was right, but then on the other hand it is not the best time to see żubry (aka bisons) in a wild. But anyway we now have an excuse to go back there in the winter as there is so much to do then. Bialowieza village itself is really beautiful the architecture, people, cuisine and many other aspects look and feel different than the rest of the country. I love that even though it's a touristy place it remains very peaceful and life seems to slow down there. I think it also attracts different kind of tourists than the rest of places around Poland. People who visit are more interested in nature, forest walks, trees, bird life, culture and generally ecology. We didn't have too much time but it was enough to fall in love in this magical place.





Comments

Popular Posts